Click the life drawings to return to latest post

Saturday, 30 June 2012

QR Code Painting

Eardley
I felt honoured to have been invited to exhibit at the UNIONgallery’s 2012 festival exhibition Mark of Beauty as my paintings would be on display next to some of the great, contemporary Scottish abstract artists; artists I'd read about and admired while studying for my Fine Art degree at Edinburgh University not that long ago.

My art journey since midway through third year in 2006 has been enthused with interests including colour therapy, colour music codes and abstract expressionism. 
However, late summer 2011 and shortly after being asked to take part in this exhibition, I discovered QR codes, and my preoccupations took a sudden turn. The work you see here is the product of this shift.

Nasmyth
These artworks are, among many things, a very large, public art exhibition; open for participation by anyone, anywhere. For this reason, the painting is essentially a 21st century Pandora's Box; in that each time you scan it something new could "pop out".

These paintings transcend other's as they represent not only the work of one artist but the collaboration of a number of talented people; writers, web designers and software developers, social media friends and followers, and an even larger network of creative individuals offering their artwork for online display.

Peploe
To find out more about these artworks or how you can get involved scan any of them with your smartphone or click HERE.

Raeburn

2 comments:

  1. Hello! Those paintings you've compiled are wonderful. We would feature this in our blog.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Raffy, thanks very much and sorry for the late reply. I didn't receive a comment notification. Could you send me a link to your blog post. I'd love to read it! Cheers

      Delete